We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Nettle for hair is one of the most valuable folk remedies. Decoctions and masks based on the plant help to regulate the oiliness of the head, stop hair loss and add volume and silkiness to the curls.
Why nettle is good for hair
The benefits of nettle for hair are due to the rich composition of leaves and stems. In particular, the plant contains:
- ascorbic acid;
- B vitamins;
- organic acids;
- trace elements;
- vitamins A and K.
If you regularly wash your hair with nettles, the plant will strengthen the hair and stop hair loss, give the curls a splendor and silky structure. Rinses and masks can be used to eliminate dandruff, to stimulate the development of subcutaneous bulbs.
Nettle Prevents Premature Graying
What kind of nettle can be used to restore hair
Traditional medicine and cosmetology use stinging and dioecious nettles for medicinal purposes. For the preparation of decoctions, infusions and useful hair masks, both types of plants are suitable.
Young nettle has the maximum value; it contains the most vitamins and organic acids. Self-collection of plant materials is carried out in the summer during the flowering period of the culture. Nettle can be used fresh in cosmetology or dried for the winter. In the latter case, the leaves are kept under a canopy or in the attic until the moisture has completely evaporated, but protected from direct sunlight.
Important! Only nettle collected in ecologically clean area possesses valuable properties. You need to procure raw materials at a distance from roads and large industrial facilities.
How to make a decoction of nettle for hair
A simple recipe for decoction of nettle for hair is very popular. The tool is prepared as follows:
- the leaves of the plant are washed with cool water;
- in a volume of 100 g, the raw material is poured into an enamel pan;
- pour nettle 1 liter of boiling water;
- simmer the broth over low heat for 20 minutes;
- removed from the stove and filtered.
For hair care, the broth is used in a warm form.
It is impossible to store the broth of nettle for a long time; before each rinsing, the product is prepared anew
How to brew nettle infusion for hair growth
There is a simpler recipe that suggests brewing nettles to rinse your hair without boiling. On the basis of fresh or dry herbs, you can make the following infusion:
- pour 100 g of raw materials into a saucepan;
- pour 1 liter of hot water;
- keep under the lid for six hours.
The finished product must be filtered through cheesecloth to obtain a clean liquid.
It is best to steam the nettle for infusion with water at a temperature of about 80 ° C
How to treat hair with nettles
The use of nettle for hair care is not associated with any difficulties. The plant is used in several ways, as a rinse, for rubbing into the scalp, or in the form of nourishing masks.
How to rinse your hair with nettles
The easiest way to use the plant is to regularly rinse it with infusions. Reviews of nettle broth for hair confirm that the remedy restores damaged curls, has a moisturizing and nourishing effect.
Usually rinsing is carried out after shampooing. The infusion or decoction is applied to clean strands, poured from a small container or sprayed with a spray bottle. At the same time, you do not need to wash off the product, the nettle is well absorbed, does not leave greasy marks, but gives the curls a pleasant aroma.
The plant has a good effect in combination with other components. For example, a decoction of nettle and burdock for hair is beneficial, the chopped leaves are mixed in equal proportions and 50 g of raw materials are poured in 1 liter of boiling water. After boiling for half an hour over low heat, the agent is cooled and filtered, after which it is used for rinsing.
How to apply nettle juice to hair
For hair care, you can use not only decoctions and infusions, but also fresh plant juice. Get it like this:
- washed leaves and stems without roots are crushed in a blender or meat grinder;
- wrapped in several layers of gauze;
- squeeze with your hands over a deep container.
The resulting juice must be rubbed into the roots of the hair and put on a shower cap or wrap your head with plastic. From above, for insulation, the curls are wrapped in a towel. The juice is kept on the hair for an hour, and then washed off.
Nettle juice is good for irritated scalp and scratches
Advice! If you wish, you can leave the nettle squeeze on the curls for the whole night, it will not do any harm.
Nettle hair masks
Masks have the most pronounced beneficial effect. Usually they are made with the use of auxiliary components that enhance the therapeutic effect of the use of nettle.
For hair strengthening and growth
Nettle in combination with apple cider vinegar and rye bread has a good strengthening effect. The mask is made as follows:
- prepare the usual nettle broth;
- pour a small piece of bread crumb with 100 ml of the product;
- add 30 ml of apple cider vinegar.
After the bread is soaked, the product will need to be mixed well. Then a mask with nettle for hair growth is applied to the curls and rubbed into the scalp with massaging movements. It is necessary to keep the product under plastic and a towel for about half an hour. The hair is then washed with shampoo and conditioner.
A nettle mask helps fight dandruff and prevents the problem from recurring. The remedy is made according to the following recipe:
- measure 20 g of fresh nettle and scald with a glass of boiling water;
- grind the leaves in a blender to a state of gruel;
- 7 ml of burdock oil and 15 drops of grape oil are added to the resulting mass;
- three drops of sage ether are added.
All components are mixed well for even distribution. The mask must be applied to the curls along the entire length and rubbed especially carefully into the skin at the roots. After that, the head is covered with plastic wrap and a towel for insulation. After 20 minutes, wash off the product using a natural shampoo.
Nettle normalizes the oiliness of the skin at the hair roots and suppresses fungal microorganisms
For dandruff nettle to be effective, the mask should be applied within 30 days. After that, take a break for two months and, if necessary, repeat the course.
A combination of nettle and natural yogurt has a good moisturizing and nourishing effect. The hair mask is done like this:
- 60 g of cottage cheese is rubbed through a sieve and mixed with two egg yolks;
- dilute the ingredients with 100 ml of natural yogurt;
- 20 fresh nettle leaves are crushed to the state of gruel;
- add to the rest of the ingredients and mix again.
The composition is applied to the hair, paying special attention to the roots, and left for 20 minutes under a film and a towel. Then the mixture must be washed off. It is not necessary to use shampoo, you can remove the mask with plain warm water.
For oily hair
Nettle hair treatment regulates the production of subcutaneous fat, eliminates the unpleasant greasy shine of curls and helps them stay clean longer. For leaving, prepare the following mixture:
- make a nettle decoction from fresh or dried leaves;
- mix warm liquid with blue clay in a 1: 2 ratio;
- distributed over the entire length of the strands.
The product is left on the hair until it dries completely; it is not necessary to wrap up the curls. It is recommended to wash off the mask with nettle infusion.
For dry hair
Nettle in combination with additional ingredients has a softening effect, nourishes hair, prevents breakage and splitting of the ends. Home cosmetology offers the following mask:
- 100 g of sea buckthorn berries are crushed in a blender to a state of gruel;
- pour a mass of 50 ml of nettle infusion;
- add 15 ml of liquid honey;
- mix the components until completely homogeneous.
The product is applied to the hair and lightly rubbed along the entire length. The head should be wrapped in foil and a terry towel and leave the mixture for an hour. After the expiration date, the mask is washed off with warm water.
Nettle mask with honey is recommended for frequent hair dyeing
With olive oil
For dry scalp, weak hair and split ends, you can use a nettle mask with the addition of oil and other ingredients. The recipe looks like this:
- 50 g of fresh nettle leaves are ground in a blender;
- squeeze juice from the resulting gruel;
- combine the liquid with 5 g of salt and wait for the dissolution of the latter;
- add 6 drops of olive oil and mix well.
The semi-liquid mass is rubbed into the hair roots with strong but gentle movements for several minutes. After that, the strands are covered with a shower cap and a towel, the mixture is kept for half an hour and washed off with a mild shampoo.
Olive nettle hair mask is especially useful in the cold season.
Against gray hair
With early gray hair and hair loss, nettle in combination with the root of calamus helps well. The healing mixture is prepared as follows:
- calamus root and dry nettle are ground to a powder state in equal volumes;
- measure out two large spoons of the herbal mixture;
- pour the ingredients with 75 ml of hot water;
- close with a lid and leave for half an hour;
- filter and add 17 g of rye bran and 5 ml of burdock oil.
The mask is rubbed into the scalp and applied to dry curls along the entire length. After 40 minutes, the strands need to be washed with shampoo.
With a tendency to early baldness, you can use nettle tincture for hair with the addition of cognac. A strand care product is done like this:
- 5 g of dry nettle is poured into 50 ml of boiling water and kept under a lid for three hours;
- add 6 ml of brandy to the warm liquid;
- break a raw egg into the mixture;
- add a small spoonful of mango oil to the tincture;
- mix the ingredients thoroughly.
The tool is applied to the curls along the entire length and rubbed lightly at the roots. To enhance the beneficial effect, cover the hair with polyethylene and a towel for 40 minutes. The composition has a good firming effect, relieves itching and stimulates the growth of strands. Rinse it off with cool water, you can add a little apple cider vinegar to the rinse solution.
Cognac in a nettle mask warms up the scalp well and stimulates the nutrition of the hair follicles
Homemade scrub made with nettle helps to eliminate dandruff. The recipe looks like this:
- in a blender or meat grinder, grind a couple of bunches of fresh plant leaves;
- 10 g of finely ground sea salt is added to the resulting slurry;
- 5 g of baking soda and a handful of rye bran are added;
- pour the components of 10 ml of olive oil;
- mix thoroughly.
The product is massaged onto the hair roots and rubbed into the skin for ten minutes. After this, the strands should be immediately washed with shampoo and rinsed with nettle infusion.
Important! Rub the scrub into the scalp with care so that the salt grains do not leave scratches and irritations.
With mint and kefir
A nettle mask with the addition of kefir has a good nourishing and moisturizing effect. They do it according to the following algorithm:
- 65 g of fresh nettle and 15 g of mint leaves are ground in a blender;
- pour the components of 100 ml of low-fat kefir;
- mix well and refrigerate for the whole day.
In the evening, the mask must be distributed over the entire length of the hair for 15 minutes. After that, the product is washed off with warm water. The mixture not only nourishes the curls, but also improves blood circulation under the skin, thereby stimulating the growth of new strands.
Kefir mask with nettle and mint leaves a pleasant smell on the hair
With chamomile and protein
Nettle in combination with chamomile flowers has a pronounced moisturizing effect. A homemade mask helps soften hair that is too dry, and with increased fat content, it regulates the production of subcutaneous sebum and cleanses the curls.
The tool is done like this:
- 30 g of fresh nettle leaves and the same number of chamomile flowers are ground in a blender;
- add the crude protein of two eggs;
- mix the components and beat slightly.
The mask is applied to clean hair for just seven minutes. Then it must be washed off with warm water, you can use a shampoo with a natural composition.
A mask with the addition of yeast is especially beneficial for weakened hair. It helps to restore damaged strands, gives them volume, makes naughty curls smoother and more silky. The mixture is prepared like this:
- nettle leaves are crushed in the volume of a glass;
- mix three large tablespoons of olive oil and an equal amount of honey;
- add 50 g of dry yeast and let it dissolve;
- nettle leaves are poured into the resulting solution and stirred thoroughly.
The mask needs to be distributed over the curls for 15 minutes. Wash off the product with shampoo.
With the help of a nettle mask, you can get rid of early gray hair by adding natural henna to the mixture. The recipe for the product looks like this:
- 100 g of dry nettle leaves are mixed with 15 g of colorless henna;
- steamed the components of 200 ml of boiling water;
- cool under the lid;
- add egg yolk to the solution.
The product is thoroughly mixed until smooth and applied to the hair. It is necessary to keep the mask under the film and a warm towel for 1.5-2 hours. Then the mixture is removed with warm water or nettle infusion, it is not necessary to use shampoo.
Nettle with henna against gray hair does not have a negative effect on the health of curls
Rules for using nettle for hair
In order for nettle masks, decoctions and infusions to benefit the hair, when applying them, you need to adhere to some rules:
- Nettle acts most effectively on oily curls, products based on it regulate the production of subcutaneous fat. But with excessively dry strands, you need to be careful. Nettle masks and infusions have a drying effect and should be applied no more than once a week.
- The plant has a slight coloring effect. On dark hair, it is invisible, but owners of light brown and light curls may encounter a faint greenish tint. To prevent this staining, you can add a few drops of lemon juice to masks and rinses.
- It is recommended to use nettles on washed slightly damp hair. In this case, masks and infusions will better penetrate the structure of the curls and bring results faster.
It is necessary to apply recipes for hair loss rinsing nettle on a regular basis. Depending on the type of curls, masks and decoctions from a useful plant are used 1-3 times a week. One-time rinses or applications have no effect.
Limitations and contraindications
Nettle is a fairly safe plant. However, in some conditions, it is necessary to abandon even its external use. In particular, it is not recommended to use herbal cosmetics:
- during pregnancy and during feeding;
- in the presence of ulcers, abscesses, scratches and burns of the scalp;
- with renal failure;
- with increased blood clotting.
A strict contraindication to the use of nettle is an individual allergy to the plant. In this case, any cosmetic products will only cause severe itching and irritation of the scalp.
Before using nettle on hair, you need to conduct an allergy test on the bend of the elbow.
Hair nettle is recommended for dandruff, early baldness and increased oily skin at the roots.It can be used in the form of nourishing masks or rinsing infusions, while it is important to carry out procedures regularly to achieve a quick effect.
Reviews on the use of nettle for hair
Petrova Anna Vladimirovna, 36 years old, Kazan
My hair gets dirty quickly, and in order for my hair to look decent, I have to wash my hair three times a week, which is very uncomfortable when the length is below the shoulders. On the advice of a friend, I tried rinsing with nettle broth. A month later, the first results appeared, the curls retain their cleanliness and pleasant shine longer, they became more obedient. In addition, we managed to solve the problem of split ends, the hair, in principle, looks healthier.
Sinelnikova Irina Ivanovna, 28 years old, Kaluga
Due to the increased oily skin I suffer from dandruff, shampoos help very little. I decided to try nettle masks, and the effect was not long in coming. The skin at the roots really became cleaner, the hair does not get dirty so quickly. Part of the problem still remains, but I feel much more confident and no longer shy about my own hairstyle.